Monday 4 January 2010

4th January - Another Run in the Snow

Oh heck, yesterday I committed to meeting Julie and Lisa to run tonight. I haven't managed to get warm all day and truely the last thing I want to do is step outside in the dark and cold and run...and didn't Lisa mention something about running up the neverending Harrogate Road?!

Nevertheless, 7pm and I'm racing out the door in woolly hat and James's enormous Thinsulate gloves. Run down to Fitness First. Not many at club tonight (wise people)...just Julie, Lisa and Jo is back. What would I do without Lisa who has worked out a trying route to run to Five Lane Ends, down to Idle, up to Greengates then up Harrogate Road. I would NEVER do this run on my own! We head off slipping and sliding on the pavement...surely my breathing is so heavy because of the cold rather than my fitness levels?! Harrogate Road goes on and on and it occurs to me, that I will remember this training run when I'm struggling round Paris...I ran up a big hill in the snow to train for this, what's 26.2 miles around flat Paris in the Spring? Lisa and Julie are speeding on ahead. How do they go so fast? Should I be pushing harder?

We end up extending the route slightly...well, I'm pretty warm now. Some local youths taunt us on the home stretch back - it's always the same, they try to race us and end up crippled over. Ha!

Five miles...done.

No comments:

Post a Comment