Saturday 3 April 2010

3rd April - Signing Off


My BHF running vest has arrived, I'm all stocked up on energy gels and bars, I've bitten the bullet and bought some new trainers, the Eurostar tickets are here,and I've completed my final longish run (9 miles today). I'm officially good to go...

I've completed approximately 320 training miles since the beginning of January and attended 13 sessions of boot camp...if I can't run a marathon now, I never will.

Just a couple of steady short runs this week and a whole lot of carb loading to get through.

Thank you to everyone for all your support, and a particularly massive thank you to everyone who has sponsored me - £590.50 now raised for the BHF, with the final generous donation from my good friend, Sharon, whose baby has suffered from a congenital heart defect and was part of my rationale for raising money for BHF.

À bientôt. See you on the other side...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonne Chance Sophie, not that you need it. Now it's time to reap your reward - grab it with both hands and most importantly - enjoy it! I certainly will look forward to seeing you on the other side - triumphant! x x x

    ReplyDelete