Sunday 7 March 2010

7th March - With a Little Help From My Friends

Five weeks to go until marathon day, and the first of my three really tough weeks, until the taper, is complete.

And I pleased to report it really hasn't been too bad.

That said, I'm currently moving about as if I could do with a zimmer frame. But I have just run 16 miles (count 'em!).

After marshaling the final Peco X Country Race today, Julie and I headed out on the run she had planned (thank you, Julie) from Esholt to Guiseley, then onto Otley where we turned round by the river and ran back with a final three miles on the canal back to Apperley Bridge. It was a really lovely scenic run and the sun was shining which always makes a huge difference.

The next long run is the Trimpell 20 in Morecambe next Sunday, and it definitely doesn't feel too unachievable now.

Thank you my ERR friends for keeping me going...

No comments:

Post a Comment